onthemend

Dermatitis Herpetaformis

Rate this topic

dh I am brand new to this....never done a blog before. I am 61 years young and was dxs with dh ten years ago. I maintained on a glutin free diet with rare breakthru until last January. I am now using only certified glutin free products and on dapasone and STILL expeeriencing blisters. Have anyone heard of this complication before?

Thanks Much

dh I am brand new to this....never done a blog before. I am 61 years young and was dxs with dh ten years ago. I maintained on a glutin free diet with rare breakthru until last January. I am now using only certified glutin free products and on dapasone and STILL expeeriencing blisters. Have anyone heard of this complication before?

Thanks Much

My husband has recently been diagnosed with DH, and was put on Dapsone. Even with the medication he broke out with new blisters, although they were much smaller and healed quickly. We know he was probably glutened a couple of times but other breakouts have no good explanation.

I think maybe he's detoxing, but I don't really know.

This would not be the answer to your problem, however, because you've been gluten free for 10 years. Is it possible that you are using something in your kitchen (cutting board, toaster, etc) that may have some gluten contamination?

Good luck!

JoAnn

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Much

I experienced this and found that I had to eliminate all external products containing wheat or HWP. I started with soaps, shampoos and rinses, cosmetics, toothpaste. Incidently I have read that people with DH are sensitive to floride. I still have flair ups when I get glutenated unknowingly, but am much better...good luck

Barbie gluten-free

Silly question but is there gluten in things like laundry soap or fabric softener or dryer sheets? Or in the finish put on fabrics?

I always see people mention bath & beauty products but never laundry supplies. (Perhaps because it's a non-issue???)

Silly question but is there gluten in things like laundry soap or fabric softener or dryer sheets? Or in the finish put on fabrics?

I always see people mention bath & beauty products but never laundry supplies. (Perhaps because it's a non-issue???)

Clan thompson has a list to start with. this website has a list of health and beauty products,www.cpsmeticdatabase is a good resource to search by producr. www.celiacsyndrome has a not ssafe list which is good. Delphi forums is another place to look for lists of safe stuff...Hope this helps

Barbie gluten-free

One more thing, alot of professionals say that external gluten cannot affect DH, my experience is that is does, and for me it did. Once I eliminated things like lotion wit HWP for exemple, I saw immediate improvement. I did also take Dapsone, but that seemed to make things worse...