Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fig girl

Surya Temporary Hair Color

Hi,

I have been thinking about ordering the Surya temporary hair cream and wanted to see if anyone uses it. My hairdresser uses herbatint on my hair currently but it's kind of expensive to have it done there and if i could find something close to my natural color i'd maybe try it at home. I'd try the herbatint but my hairdresser is an excellent colorist and she mixed colors and i'd be too scared to try it with a permanent hair dye. I have brown hair that's kind of dark in the winter and lightens a little in the summer. I don't have a whole lot of gray so the surya may work ok. If anyone has used this before, how did you figure out which color to order? I've read the browns (and maybe all of the colors) are usually a little darker than they appear. That's neat if it covers the gray but doesn't change your natural color. It's been about 4 mths since I've had it colored and it's faded some - should i wait until the herbatint is completely out of my hair to use the surya? Sorry for all of the questions and thanks for any information anyone may have!

Diagnosed gluten sensitive 1/28/08

Began gluten-free 1/22/08

Promethius results - DQ8 heterozygous gene, HLA allelic variants detected

Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) - dx 4/2004 at age 39, began symptoms at about age 37

Attended NIH POF study 10/04 - no known cause of POF found

Osteopenia - dx in 02

Mother passed away at age 56 with colon and stomach cancer

Stomach pain, gas, brain fog, joint pain, sore stomach especially when awakening, bad taste and breath, possibly lactose or casein intolerant - not sure, fatigue, dry, flaky skin on face and scalp. They got better after going gluten-free but still had some symptoms.

Egg free - 06/08

Started SCD 9/19/08 - feel much better!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):