Diva1

What Happens With Alcool...

Rate this topic

Hi

Need a little help here, I'm gluten free for 2 months now doing better but still feeling my gut at times...I guess It takes a while to heal up before we can tolerate anything...

Is it O.K> to have a little glass of wine socially of course....or does it hurt our still healing bowel..........

I have a BBQ event and kind of hesitant to drink anything .......

Diva

Everyone reacts differently. Liquor can be hard on a compromised system, but a little wine might not be bad. I would give it a go and see how you feel.

I was hesitant to try alcohol again after my diagnosis. I didn't for a while, and was pleasantly surprised when I did that I actually tolerated it (wine) better than I had before.

I agree--I'd try a glass and see how you do with it. Have fun! :)

I was hesitant to try alcohol again after my diagnosis. I didn't for a while, and was pleasantly surprised when I did that I actually tolerated it (wine) better than I had before.

I agree--I'd try a glass and see how you do with it. Have fun! :)

Thank you...much appreciated....will have fun...:)

Hi

Need a little help here, I'm gluten free for 2 months now doing better but still feeling my gut at times...I guess It takes a while to heal up before we can tolerate anything...

Is it O.K> to have a little glass of wine socially of course....or does it hurt our still healing bowel..........

I have a BBQ event and kind of hesitant to drink anything .......

Diva

I know they say that the grain vodkas are gluten free due to the distillation process, but I have had two vodka and cranberries at different times and had a horrible headache the next day, when I have had potato vodka two separate times, I had no hangover. Coincidence?

Curley 8

I know they say that the grain vodkas are gluten free due to the distillation process, but I have had two vodka and cranberries at different times and had a horrible headache the next day, when I have had potato vodka two separate times, I had no hangover. Coincidence?

Curley 8

nope, many of us react to the grain based alcohols. Potato is good as is Ciroc (grapes) and there's a soy based one as well but I haven't tried it.

another alternative at BBQs is hard cider, generally comes in cans/bottles like beer, is naturally gluten free (just fermented apple juice etc) and if someone decides to give you a hard time because you are not drinking beer (you know those people exist) I just point out that hard cider has a higher alcohol content than beer so who's the real wuss?? ;):lol: