hippo33

No Meds

Rate this topic

ive been unoficially diagnosed with dh ive been on the diet over a week now with no meds is it possible it takes longer without the meds or will i stop breaking out eventually ?

DH takes a long time to die down. make sure to - for just a short time - minimize excess iodine intake (no iodized salt, seaweed, etc.) as iodine is part of the reaction that causes DH.

Be aware that it can take months for DH to totally die down. You should see improvement anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks with a continuous gradual tappering off of constant flair-ups. Any time you accidently ingest gluten you may have flair-ups within hours to 6 weeks later. I have never taken meds for DH as I didn't want to contend with possible side effects. Now, when I get accidently glutened I will start itching all over within 24 hours and then I may have a few small breakouts but nothing like I used to get.

I've read that breakouts can be as far as 15 days after being "exposed". That's A LONG TIME to wait and wonder!! Be sure to journal and keep track of everything you eat so that you can gain a clue about how fast your system typically works, how much you may have been exposed to and how badly you were affected and simply what may have bothered you. If you are like alot of us, you may be bothered by multiple things. Once you KNOW you have one thing out of your diet and you are still being bothered, then you look at your journal and start deducing and eliminating things till you pinpoint the next item. Best wishes! You are in the "not at all fun stage" of this.

I've read that breakouts can be as far as 15 days after being "exposed". That's A LONG TIME to wait and wonder!! Be sure to journal and keep track of everything you eat so that you can gain a clue about how fast your system typically works, how much you may have been exposed to and how badly you were affected and simply what may have bothered you. If you are like alot of us, you may be bothered by multiple things. Once you KNOW you have one thing out of your diet and you are still being bothered, then you look at your journal and start deducing and eliminating things till you pinpoint the next item. Best wishes! You are in the "not at all fun stage" of this.

i drink a lot of v8 low sodium juice i hope its not what keeps me flaring up