frogrun

Endo Next Week...training For A Half-marathon

Rate this topic

I'm currently training for my first half-marathon...I'm really excited about it, but my doctor is having me eat gluten for my endo (which I'm having on Wednesday). I had been gluten-free for several weeks and feeling really good! Now I've been back on gluten for a little over a week and feel like my old self again...tired, bad allargies (with sore throat earache) and asthma, joint pain, headache, depression, etc. I know one thing for sure...even if I don't have celiac I'm going back to gluten-free as of Wed. I feel so bad right now I just want to cry, but I know that would only may my head and throat feel worse. On the positive side...my baby went to bed early and I only have 3 more days of g-full foods!!!! :)

I forgot to add that last week I could run 6 miles and now I can hardly run 1... :(

When is your marathon? You need to be over the glutening, I would think, before you run it. I would just do what you can with training and don't be to hard on yourself if you can not do as much as you would like. Your challenge sounds positive so I am glad to hear you are going back to gluten free as soon as the endo is done. Usually a challenge is at least 6 weeks so I hope with a short challenge it is still enough to show some damage. Be prepared for a false negative on the biopsy. Also call your doctor tommorrow morning and tell them your reaction, at times a strong reaction will be enough to have them stop the challenge.

Thanks!!! I think I needed someone else to tell me not to be so hard on myself. It is really hard when you can't do something that you once could.

Thanks again...take care and God Bless!