Diva1

Contamination From Bacon?

Rate this topic

Hi there just had lots of family over and of course cooked breakfast for everyone and used a teflon pan to cook lots and lots of bacon.,.....washed it well....now this morning cooked my gluten free pancake and boom 3 ours later bathroom here I come...so I'm thinking contamination?

anyone has an answer or had similar experience..

thanks.....

Diva

Hi there just had lots of family over and of course cooked breakfast for everyone and used a teflon pan to cook lots and lots of bacon.,.....washed it well....now this morning cooked my gluten free pancake and boom 3 ours later bathroom here I come...so I'm thinking contamination?

anyone has an answer or had similar experience..

thanks.....

Diva

Did you check to see what brand of bacon? Here's a link to a thread on gluten-free bacon.

I LOVE Oscar Meyer Center Cut and Boar's Head.

Did they cook anything else in the pan? I'm sorry you got sick :(

Initially it's very hard to get your head around the idea that some things that you "know" don't have gluten, actually DO have gluten; things like bacon, ham, marmalade, stock, spices, it just boggles the mind really to know that you have to look at ALL labels because they sneak it in everywhere. :(

I think it's possible, at least speaking of all my health problems one of my symptoms is bloated face... which have been going down. Morning before I took the ACT over the summer all I could eat for breafast was 3 slices of bacon and a apple. All seem okay for a while, though then my face became really bloated, greasy, and concentration during the test was very difficult. I no longer plan to eat that much bacon before a test ( definately will make sure it's gluten free), nor in the morning. It was really horrible ( I'm sure the apple and bacon also was a good feast for my candida).

Bacon, at least in the U.S., is almost without exception gluten-free. What brand did you use for your family? Of course it if has wheat it HAS to be listed. And I've never heard of barley or rye in bacon.

The bacon almost certainly did not contaminate you.

richard

I'm paranoid but I only cook in my personal stainless steel "gluten better never touch em" pans. I love the hormel naturals bacon with no added nitrites and preservatives...says gluten free on the package.