• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest Addicted2Gluten

Best Gluten Free Bread

Rate this topic

I had some from kinnikinnick and thought it was really good. :D

I pretty much hated rice bread period, and had given up on gluten-free breads altogether until my sister forced me to try the Glutino white bread toasted with peanut butter on it. Its great and I actually eat rice bread now! Their flax seed bread also makes great sandwiches...gotta be toasted though!

We make our own bread. My 17 yr. old son makes an awesome loaf of tapioca bread. It smells and tastes almost like real white bread. My 11 yr old make these cottage cheese rolls that are great for hamburgers. She makes a huge batch, so we can split and toast them the next morning. They taste almost exactly like english muffins when toasted. We like to have "egg McMuffins" with them.

The 17 year old son makes a chocolate cake that you can't tell is gluten-free. And his icing is to die for. He makes all our birthday cakes. They taste like they came from a bakery. Our 9 year old makes the cheba. She can make them so they are almost like goldfish crackers. When I make them, they aren't so good. Still edible, but not as good as hers. I hate to bake, my pies are gross. Soup is my forte. I'm glad my kids bake so well.

Libby.

celiac disease/Lupus/OA/HH

gluten-free since 2002

5 of 6 children w/celiac disease

Guest nini

I wanted to add if any of you have a Whole Foods near you that carries the Whole Foods gluten-free Bakehouse line, my daughter and I just had peanut butter sandwiches made with Whole Foods gluten-free Bakehouse Sandwich bread , I just microwaved the slices for about 30 seconds or so until they were warm and soft, This was the most delicious gluten-free sandwich I think I've ever ever had! My 5 year old ate her ENTIRE sandwich, which is a HUGE accomplishment for her.

I have tried virtually all the bread products mentioned here... some are ok, and some are awful (to my taste buds at least) but so often rice type breads stick to my teeth, they seem to be ground so fine that they are sticky.

I have found only 2 products that to me are worth eating.... one mentioned here is the bakery at Whole Foods Markets, they are have their own gluten-free bakery now and although I've not tried all their products, I've not had one that wasn't excellent.

The only bread I really love wasn't mentioned, Manna by Anna, if you google it you will find where to order it. I use it in a bread machine and it comes out wonderfully (I do use a gluten-free dough enhancer). Its like a hearty wheat bread and it never crumbles or sticks to my teeth. It can be made in the oven too and I do it that way for hamburger buns and drop biscuts. I can't tell you how good it is!

Susan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.