Rate this topic

B12 levels according to the labs are from 200-900. Why is it so wide of a range? Well I have not had mine tested lately but my level before was 453...normal. My vitamin D was 17 :( I think it has gone up since. My ferritin level was 43. Not to low but could be better.

I was wondering what your B12 levels were and how did you feel?

Thanks guys!

Before I went gluten-free, my B12 level was at 80. One doc told me I should be on shots, another that I should just be on sublingual supplements. I stuck with the supplements.

After going gluten-free and supplementing for about 6 months, my B12 was up to 800.

As for how I felt, I started both the diet and the supplements around the same time so I can't say which worked faster! Before I was extremely tired even after 10 hours of sleep, now I don't have that problem anymore..

I hope that helps!

I have not been diagnosed with Celiac but am currently getting tested for it.

My B12 was at 86 around a year ago so I went on B12 vitamins for around 6months. When I went back to get my levels tested again it was up to 370. I have no idea what level I am at now though but even when it went up to 370 I still felt so tired.

As is true of the majority of celiac/gluten intolerants, doctors didn't believe me, or thought I was just nuts. I researched and researched. I started taking B12 9 months or so before a doctor tested my B12. I was taking 1000mcg daily then, and my level came back 1237. Over the years I increased my B12 to 3000mcg, then to 5000mcg. Last summer my neuro tested my level and after taking 5000mcg daily for several months, my level was 1015, a drop of over 200 points.

Finally, after nearly 5 years of B12, my neuropathy is showing improvement. My neuro told me to continue with the dose I am taking.

My Vitamin D is 26, or was. I have been taking 2000IU's for nearly a year, will have it tested again at the end of August. My ferritin level is 22, I am also taking iron.