Amyleigh0007

I Got My Enterolab Results Today!

Rate this topic

I had the gluten sensitivity gene test done. I have been gluten free for a year now and all of my "IBS" symptoms have gone away along with some symptoms I had no idea were gluten related. With my son having Celiac I knew I had a problem with gluten, whether it is Celiac or gluten intolerance. I am the type of person who needs solid, black and white evidence of something. I needed something on paper that says, yes, you have a problem with gluten. That's just how I am. According to Enterolab, I have both the Celiac gene and the gluten sensitivity gene which means I have an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity and the gluten sensitivity or Celiac disease may be more severe. It also states that because I have both genes all of my children will possess at least one copy of a gluten sensitivity gene. Wow. I am so glad I did this. It's not a diagnosis but it's a huge piece of the puzzle. It's a puzzle the doctors can't (or won't) put together so I must do it myself. These results also tell me that keeping my 2 year old daughter off gluten isn't a waste of time.

Congrats! I'm glad you have the proof you wanted.

That's great that you have the proof you needed, I know every bit of reassurance helps. I might do the gene test for myself and my husband, since all four of our kids are gluten sensitive. Seems odd that not even one of our kids can eat gluten without problems, but if my husband has the genes too (he's also gone gluten free recently for issues he's had) that would make sense.

I know what you mean about pieces of a puzzle....I'll never go back to gluten, nor put my other non-diagnosed kids back on gluten, but a gene test might might give me some closure, as well as some solid evidence for my kids when they get older.