Karrin

Safe Body And Face Lotions

Rate this topic

I've stumbled through and wasted so much money (and time writing very unhelpful companies) in search of a body & facial lotion I can use without having a reaction. I find the chemical names for wheat overwhelming and I'm already super annoyed label reading everything else when I shop (I HATE shopping!!) and even then I think it must be hiding in the fragrance. :(

It would be really helpful to know what all of you are using and have had a good experience with. I'm so desperate right now that I've been using the lotion that seems to set me off the least - it's that or suffer with cracked/peeling skin.

Of course, the cheaper the better. I can't afford 15 bucks or more for a tiny bottle of face lotion - and, ugh, do I really need face lotion!

Help!

I always use Dove

I use Dove to wash my face also. I just began using Garnier Fructis moisturizer. Their customer service line is extremely helpful. I have used Neutrogena moisturizer in the past with no problems. There used to be a Neutrogena Gluten Free list floating around that I believe is now obsolete. But if you call, they are also very cooperative.

I have DH, use purpose soap free face wash, and so far vanicream lotion has left me very happy with the results. I'm also on differin/benzoyl peroxide (alternating days) and the vanicream has made a huge difference in my face. I may try the "lighter" feel version for daytime use (I bought the original version $12 pump at walgreens) I can't find any gluten in the ingredients and from my searches online it looks like its gluten-free, I love that its free of just about everything LOL, no parabens, formaldehyde, fragrances, dyes, etc.

I use cheapo Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil bar soap, TJ's pure peppermint Castille Soap as a shampoo, and/or Desert Essence Organics Hair Care gluten-free shampoo or conditioner. Desert Essence also makes gluten-free lotions that are relatively cheap and gluten free. I have gotten them at Whole Foods. You can also order them online. Desert Essence has Jojoba oil which I get from Trader Joe's; it is a very nice oil to put on problem and sensitive intimate areas as well as good for massage.

Bea

Thanks everybody! :) I've jotted down your suggestions. I just hope my local shops carry most of them!