Chrissyb

Whole Foods Pie Crust

Rate this topic

I just tried the frozen pie crust from Whole Foods and loved thems, so did my family. My question is, in making a fruit pie with the old pie frozen pie ctrust I could easily put one on top of the other, this was not so easy witht the one from Whole Foods. I ended up just breaking it up and putting it on top kind of like a cobbler.

Has anybody had any sucess in using these pie crust in this way.

Try putting the top crust between 2 sheets of saran wrap, roll it a few times with a rolling pin (to make it stick to the saran wrap)remove the top layer of saran wrap, then put your hand under the bottom saran wrap, bring it to the edge of the pie plate, and flip the top crust onto the pie, then remove the saran wrap. It may take a few tries to be able to do this, but practice makes perfect. If the first flip is a flop, just put the crust between the saran wrap again and give it another try.

There are two Whole Foods in Colorado Springs, and I find that I have to shop both stores for my "must haves". What one store sells, the other one doesn't....strange.

Try putting the top crust between 2 sheets of saran wrap, roll it a few times with a rolling pin (to make it stick to the saran wrap)remove the top layer of saran wrap, then put your hand under the bottom saran wrap, bring it to the edge of the pie plate, and flip the top crust onto the pie, then remove the saran wrap. It may take a few tries to be able to do this, but practice makes perfect. If the first flip is a flop, just put the crust between the saran wrap again and give it another try.

There are two Whole Foods in Colorado Springs, and I find that I have to shop both stores for my "must haves". What one store sells, the other one doesn't....strange.

Do I have to get it a little wet to make it more plyable. It didn't see to workable to me.

Was the pie crust frozen? If so, was it completely thawed out? Sometimes frozen item packages are not air tight and get freezer burn and dry out. I'd try a little oil or water to moisten it.

I've had no problem with Bette Hagman's pie crust recipe, made with vinegar, and never buy the frozen crusts.