Rate this topic

My 7 year old has been failure to thrive since we started solid foods at age 1. We just got blood work back:

AGA-IGG positive

AGA-IGA Negative

TTG-IGA positive

EMA-IGA positive

Doctor says celiac is highly likely and scheduled GI. Had upper GI said small intestine looked red irrated, etc. Go ahead and start Gluten free. 4 days later called them cause never heard back and they say no he does not have Celiac, WHAT! Can't even get a follow up visit. What do you all think?

My 7 year old has been failure to thrive since we started solid foods at age 1. We just got blood work back:

AGA-IGG positive

AGA-IGA Negative

TTG-IGA positive

EMA-IGA positive

Doctor says celiac is highly likely and scheduled GI. Had upper GI said small intestine looked red irritated, etc. Go ahead and start Gluten free. 4 days later called them cause never heard back and they say no he does not have Celiac, WHAT! Can't even get a follow up visit. What do you all think?

Sounds like they're confused. Can you please post your numbers and the lab ranges and we can help you interpret your child's results. Not knowing your child's result numbers, but coupled with "failure to thrive" and intestinal distress/irritation, I would suspect Celiac or gluten intolerance.

Here is some information on the testing:

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed...C05-Testing.htm

You could begin the diet and if you receive positive results, you have your answer.

Some gastros seem like they won't let the words "Celiac Disease" pass their lips unless they see an intestine in mangled little pieces. Post your blood work as mentioned. It looks like you have all the indicators to me.

You're ready to start the gluten-free diet. The results should prove to you what your child's body needs and doesn't need. Posting the results in a food journal will help you show the dr's how the food is affecting your child's well being.