Rate this topic

Hello all,

I was just offically diagnosed with celiac disease yesterday. After going back and forth with different doctors and an IBS diagnosis my family physician decided to do a celiac panel blood test. This came back with only one abnormal result. GI doctor decided to do the scope and to his surprise he said that the biopsy was consistent with damage due to celiac disease. What to do now? I'm relieved to finally have an answer to why I constantly feel sick after eating, etc. but I'm very overwhelmed with all this new information. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good way to start my Gluten-free life?

Thanks much,

Heather

Heather, so sorry to hear you have been unwell but good news that it can now be changed. I believe I am a couple of steps away from a positive result of celiac disease. I am sure others will reply very soon about your next steps. I felt/feel a little scared as well about what a diagnosis of celiac disease will mean, but knowing that feeling better and staying better is achievable is very good motivation to stay on a gluten free diet. I does seem daunting. Holding my hand out toward you in support.

Welcome to healing! There's a lot of support here, and we're all in the same shoes.

It can be a little overwhelming at first, but before you know it, you'll have it down.

If you don

Welcome to healing! There's a lot of support here, and we're all in the same shoes.

It can be a little overwhelming at first, but before you know it, you'll have it down.

If you don

if you use cast iron you'll have to start over with new. There's no way to get rid of the gluten that's on and in it.

You can toss cast iron in the oven on self cleaning cycle(as is-no cleaners). The extremely high heat blasts everything to dust. Messy but effective. When it's done and cooled down, scub it well, reseason and dedicate it to gluten-free only.

Thanks for all the tips and support. I'm so glad to have this site to learn from everyone who already has gone through this. Everyone is very helpful...I appreciate it! :D