shirleyujest

Tremor Anyone?

Rate this topic

Mine is a very fine tremor in my head. Does anyone have this? Any theory how to improve it, say B12 twice a day instead of once, or...?

Thanks!

What do you mean by tremor?

I get all over body tremors. So far I have not found anything that helps. Dr.s just say oh, it your fibromyalgia, blah blah, blah. It's very annoying (both the tremors and the Dr.)

Are these tremors a recent thing? If they developed recently I would go back to your neurologist to have these evaluated.

In response to the various questions... it's shaking back and forth, like vibrating. Like I said it's a fine movement, so if someone isn't looking for it they probably would not notice. It happens mostly in my head and is a back and forth (as opposed to up and down) shaking.

It developed with the onset of lupus and fibro in '02 and '03, but some of the symptoms I'd thought were part of these dx's, like ataxia and neuropathy, turns out are unusual with those problems but commonly found with celiac disease. This is why I ask, do any others with celiac have it?

I did see a neurologist who did a brain MRI and found no abnormalities, so ... basically said don't worry about it. But it bugs me.

I don't get tremors but my balance is off. I barely passed a physical for a job cause of it.

Mine is a very fine tremor in my head. Does anyone have this? Any theory how to improve it, say B12 twice a day instead of once, or...?

Thanks!

I would suggest going to a neurologist for any of these problems. You have to find out whether these problems are neurological in nature of caused by celiac.

Ed in MD

I have tremors. Mostly in my hands. I always could make my right hand tremor if I held it a certain way but otherwise it was still. About 3-4 years ago both hands were tremoring especially when holding a drink. I read up on it and it seemed I fit the description that were not harmful or a sign of neurological disease. I brought it to my Dr's attention and he agreed. Some time after that, I self dx'd with celiac disease. Now my tremors are half or less of what they were when I started the gluten-free diet.

Last fall, I began to have tremors of my tongue. These rapidly were becoming more and more frequent and strong. I felt they were starting in my jaw as well. I caught the flu and didn't drink much coffee. I noticed the tremors reduced! So I weaned completely off coffee and no more of those tremors.

I can't say what your tremor is but it is common as we get older to have a head tremor, think Katherine Hepburn. You and your dr have to dx them as harmless or something else.

Tremors aren't like shaking movements (think shivering) you can't visibly see them, rather only can feel them. I have had several MRI's and trips to the neuro. everything is "normal, so it has to be the fibro".