IAtodd

Gluten-free Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes/muffins

Rate this topic

I just modified a chocolate zucchini muffin recipe that I found on allrecipes.com. I don't normally like experimenting with recipes (the flops are very expensive), but we used to make the Taste-of-Home version (could be the same recipe for all I know) way back when, and I missed them enough to try to make a gluten-free version. Anyhow, it worked well, so I thought I'd share the recipe with those of you who are equally unwilling to experiment:

Link to recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Zuc...kes/Detail.aspx

My posted modifications:

Very similar to the Taste-of-Home cupcakes we used to make before we went gluten-free and threw out the recipe. Anyhow, these make great gluten-free cupcakes, with the following modification to the original recipe: Use 2 cups of Carol's sorghum blend (35% sorghum flour, 35% corn or potato starch, and 30% tapioca starch), plus 1 1/2 tsp of guar gum (or 1 tsp xanthan gum). I also went with 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil, and doubled the chocolate, although I actually thought they were TOO chocolaty (this from a chocoholic)... but I think I was used to the taste of home recipe that wasn't very chocolaty. I think with the original amt of chocolate they could pass as "muffins" (sounds healthier) but with the doubled chocolate they are definitely "cupcakes"... actually, they are more like brownies, as my 5-year-old son pointed out. BTW, I also had to increase the baking time considerably (~35 minutes).