AlexL

Enzymes For Gluten Intolterant People

Rate this topic

I have been diagnosed as gluten-intolerant for over 5 years. I had a gluten blood test that showed positive for the gluten anti-bodies. However, when I got the small intestine biopsy, it came back negative. Which would indicate that I am gluten-intolerant but not Celiac.

So, I did the gluten-free diet for two years and then got the tests done again. They came back negative, clean. Yay!

I then found a gluten enzyme called Peptizyde, made by Huston Pharmaceuticals. I took it as recommended and ate a normal glutenous diet for two years. I went back and had the gluten tests redone. They came back negative. DOUBLE YAY!!! So what this proved to me is that if you are gluten-intolerant, you can take the enzymes and eat a regular diet. As long as you take them correctly.... with no side-effects.

The enzymes work by fully digesting the gluten proteins... so your body does not create anti-bodies or opiads in response to the undigested gluten protein molecule. Not having these anti-bodies or opiads in your system greatly improves digestion, health and behavioral issues.

NOTE: Because the enzymes fully digest the gluten protien, it makes it more readily accepted in the small intestine and causes Celiacs to actually suffer more!!! That's right... it ONLY works for people who are gluten-intolerant but makes Celiacs worse. THAT IS A BIG BUMMER! Bad news for Celiacs... a miracle for people who are only gluten-intolerant.

Personal opinion but I would advise anyone who is diagnosed as either celiac or gluten intolerant to avoid this type of supplement. To often we have false negatives on testing. IMHO you are playing with fire and eventually it will burn.

What ravenwoodglass said.

I have been diagnosed as gluten-intolerant for over 5 years. I had a gluten blood test that showed positive for the gluten anti-bodies. However, when I got the small intestine biopsy, it came back negative. Which would indicate that I am gluten-intolerant but not Celiac.

So, I did the gluten-free diet for two years and then got the tests done again. They came back negative, clean. Yay!

I then found a gluten enzyme called Peptizyde, made by Huston Pharmaceuticals. I took it as recommended and ate a normal glutenous diet for two years. I went back and had the gluten tests redone. They came back negative. DOUBLE YAY!!! So what this proved to me is that if you are gluten-intolerant, you can take the enzymes and eat a regular diet. As long as you take them correctly.... with no side-effects.

The enzymes work by fully digesting the gluten proteins... so your body does not create anti-bodies or opiads in response to the undigested gluten protein molecule. Not having these anti-bodies or opiads in your system greatly improves digestion, health and behavioral issues.

NOTE: Because the enzymes fully digest the gluten protien, it makes it more readily accepted in the small intestine and causes Celiacs to actually suffer more!!! That's right... it ONLY works for people who are gluten-intolerant but makes Celiacs worse. THAT IS A BIG BUMMER! Bad news for Celiacs... a miracle for people who are only gluten-intolerant.

Hi! I'm really hoping Peptizyde will work for me, too. I have been on a GFCFSF diet for a year now. Did you transition into a glutenous diet? Or did you just start eating gluten right away after you started taking Peptizyde? Any advice for how to transition gluten, soy and casein back into my diet is greatly appreciated. Did you take probiotics, too?