Rate this topic

:o I have layers and layers of problems just like everyone else with celiac disease......but, I also have parasites that refuse to budge. I've done everything I've ever heard of and I'm still infested. I understand that these things can be just as devastating as the celiac disease. I would really appreciate some help. Oh, I know that there are over 3,000 types of parasites, but mine is in the family of flukes.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? There is prescription medication that can help in most cases.

I agree with RWG. Aren't most parasites susceptible to some drug or another?

Have you talked to your doctor about this? There is prescription medication that can help in most cases.

Yes, I have. I've been talking a lot for the past 10 years to several, "my doctor(s)." I either seem like a nut or I don't make myself clear, or something?? Anyway, it's taken this long to get someone to check for Celiac. After I spoke to the doctor about what I was seeing in the potty, she said it was something I was eating. Hmm... I feel defeated at the doctor's office.

Yes, I have. I've been talking a lot for the past 10 years to several, "my doctor(s)." I either seem like a nut or I don't make myself clear, or something?? Anyway, it's taken this long to get someone to check for Celiac. After I spoke to the doctor about what I was seeing in the potty, she said it was something I was eating. Hmm... I feel defeated at the doctor's office.

they wouldn't even test you for parasites?

get a new doctor. They should test you for what you think is wrong.

they wouldn't even test you for parasites?

get a new doctor. They should test you for what you think is wrong.

Thanks for the tips guys. No, they would not test me for parasites. I'm thinking I'll just bring a bunch of them with me to the doctor's appointment. Bet that would get me the test. :-) No, actually I think I've developed a phobia about being able to communicate effectively with a doctor. I never communicate what I think I am to them and it ends up with me being seen as 'anxious'. By the time that anxiety has been spotted, they're satisfied that they've found the answer to the problem. Maybe the anxiety is because I have a bunch of bugs eating my guts and liver? I wish Xanax killed parasites.

Bringing them in is probably the best plan. Hard to deny what's right in front of your eyes...

Thanks for the tips guys. No, they would not test me for parasites. I'm thinking I'll just bring a bunch of them with me to the doctor's appointment. Bet that would get me the test. :-) No, actually I think I've developed a phobia about being able to communicate effectively with a doctor. I never communicate what I think I am to them and it ends up with me being seen as 'anxious'. By the time that anxiety has been spotted, they're satisfied that they've found the answer to the problem. Maybe the anxiety is because I have a bunch of bugs eating my guts and liver? I wish Xanax killed parasites.

Bringing in a stool sample is a good idea, finding a different doctor even better. Stool testing is what they need to do and many times they will request 3 samples in case they were missed on the first on. They should give you a kit for collecting. Also do make sure that the Xanax you are taking is gluten free. If it is name brand it most likely isn't but at least one of the generic ones is. The one I take is made by Dava Pharmacuticals and is labeled as alprazolam. It was verified by my pharmacey and I also called the company and double checked. Also since your doctor seems to be an idiot I figured I should also mention that you need to be very careful with this drug, it is highly addictive. My doctor has me take it for 3 days then skip 2 to prevent me from becoming addicted. If I am not doing anything that I need to take it for or I am not really anxious on a particular day I also skip it to be safe. Once you become addicted it is hard to stop.

Bringing in a stool sample is a good idea, finding a different doctor even better. Stool testing is what they need to do and many times they will request 3 samples in case they were missed on the first on. They should give you a kit for collecting. Also do make sure that the Xanax you are taking is gluten free. If it is name brand it most likely isn't but at least one of the generic ones is. The one I take is made by Dava Pharmacuticals and is labeled as alprazolam. It was verified by my pharmacey and I also called the company and double checked. Also since your doctor seems to be an idiot I figured I should also mention that you need to be very careful with this drug, it is highly addictive. My doctor has me take it for 3 days then skip 2 to prevent me from becoming addicted. If I am not doing anything that I need to take it for or I am not really anxious on a particular day I also skip it to be safe. Once you become addicted it is hard to stop.

Thanks for the heads up about the Xanax. I went online and found it and it was gluten-free. I didn't know anything about Xanax but it has helped with the nervous system. I was worried about addiction, but it helps so much that I don't want to think about it too much right now. I'm having a bad time as I am still new to the celiac lifestyle. I will keep your advice close though.

I will take in samples. I will also look for a doctor, which has been a real challenge since moving here 2 years ago. I've seen 5 or 6 in that time span, whereas in Anchorage, I used the same doctor for more than 10 years. It's taken over 10 years to get this diagnosis and I've been through so much to get it. Nothing that the rest here have not suffered through though. The idea of looking for another doctor is overwhelming today. I'm sure things will be brighter tomorrow.

Thank you all for your advice: I appreciate it so much.

Have a beautiful day,

Ann

Thanks for the heads up about the Xanax. I went online and found it and it was gluten-free. I didn't know anything about Xanax but it has helped with the nervous system. I was worried about addiction, but it helps so much that I don't want to think about it too much right now. I'm having a bad time as I am still new to the celiac lifestyle. I will keep your advice close though.

I will take in samples. I will also look for a doctor, which has been a real challenge since moving here 2 years ago. I've seen 5 or 6 in that time span, whereas in Anchorage, I used the same doctor for more than 10 years. It's taken over 10 years to get this diagnosis and I've been through so much to get it. Nothing that the rest here have not suffered through though. The idea of looking for another doctor is overwhelming today. I'm sure things will be brighter tomorrow.

Thank you all for your advice: I appreciate it so much.

Have a beautiful day,

Ann

The best way to get a for sure about whether the Xanax is gluten free is to call your pharmacist and have them check. You can do it over the phone. They should also note in your 'chart' that you are gluten free but remind them to check anyway whenever you fill a script.

I can certainly sympathize with the aftereffects of misdiagnosis! I am still looking for a doctor who is knowledgeable and it's hard. I hope things get better soon.