jnclelland

Living Harvest Hemp Milk

Rate this topic

Once again, I'm miffed about a formerly awesome product that has been mucked up. :angry: Living Harvest hemp milk has changed their name to "Tempt," changed the packaging - and, of course, changed the recipe! At least they haven't added any new allergens, but it simply doesn't taste as good as it did before, and I'm really disappointed.

Anyone else try the new stuff yet? Does anyone actually like it better than the old stuff?

Jeanne

I love this stuff since going gluten-free. I have seen the new boxes but they always have them next to the old boxes so I have not tried the new version yet. Is it really different? I only use it on cereal so I wonder if that makes a difference.

I love this stuff since going gluten-free. I have seen the new boxes but they always have them next to the old boxes so I have not tried the new version yet. Is it really different? I only use it on cereal so I wonder if that makes a difference.

It's definitely different; it seems to me that there's sort of a bitter undertone that wasn't there before, and I don't like it at all. I use the vanilla flavor to make a latte every day, and I definitely noticed the difference even with the coffee added. I'm not at all sure I'll keep buying it - but then I don't know what I'll make my lattes with! I'll probably go back to Pacific Foods hazelnut milk, which I used to use before I discovered hemp milk. -sigh-

Jeanne

Haven't seen this yet but I haven't made the pilgrimage down to Whole Paycheck in a while, I'm out of Hemp Bliss.

Living Harvest brand was starting to give me bad headaches, so I wonder if this had anything to do with it, I had stopped using it. More likely one company bought out another.

Here's a product description and the new carton picture:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...prrfnbr=2422465

Ingredients (plain, unsweetened)

Hemp Nut Base (Filtered Water, Hemp Nut [shelled Hemp Seed]), Natural Flavors, Tricalcium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12.

With the bitter undertone, I find diluting this type of stuff with just a bit of water and adding a pinch of sweetener and/or cinnamon really helps.

I might try it on a day it won't matter as much if I might react.