Blondie

Coffee.. Anxiety?

Rate this topic

Does anyone here get anxiety from coffee?

I think I do, but it's a fine balance. I really enjoy the extra boost that I get from caffein and coffee in particular. I notice that I get testy in the morning after I drink coffee in the morning sometimes and that's when I cut back to about half of what I normally have. I normally have one or two shots of espresso in hot milk. One shot of expresso is equivalent to the caffein in one cup of black tea, approximately--a lot of people don't know that espresso have far less caffein than drip coffee. When I drink more than a cup of drip coffee, my eyes twitch! I've only been gluten free for about 3 months and I have not noticed a difference in how coffee makes me feel. I love freshly ground, organic, fair trade coffee. Yum!

Caffeine has been well-documented as contributing to anxiety symptoms.

Is anxiety the only reaction you have from coffee?

It makes me very anxious and upsets my stomach (and gives me a lot of bathroom runs! It's basically a laxative for me).

It makes me very anxious and upsets my stomach (and gives me a lot of bathroom runs! It's basically a laxative for me).

It did the same for me then I found out I'm allergic to milk and coffee. I know coffee can make you nervous but sometimes a reaction is just beyond what is expected.