ann72601

Arbonne.......there Has To Be Gluten!

Rate this topic

I have been looking for gluten-free cosmetics and finally bought Arbonne. I understood most of their products were gluten free. I carefully bought from that list with the help of the rep, at my home. Then I began to have glutened episodes and by process of elimination, it was down to the Arbonne...... the lipstick.......I think. I then read, at the very bottom of the list, "Products are not from a gluten-free manufacturer." Has anyone else had this kind of experience with labels and reactions, and if so, how do I KNOW that a product is truly gluten-free, even from cross-contamination? I'm so tired of getting glutened when I try so hard. I believe that some of these companies think they can fool the public with the gluten-free label, but they can't fool a celiac. Sorry, I'm just a little grumpy.

I have been looking for gluten-free cosmetics and finally bought Arbonne. I understood most of their products were gluten free. I carefully bought from that list with the help of the rep, at my home. Then I began to have glutened episodes and by process of elimination, it was down to the Arbonne...... the lipstick.......I think. I then read, at the very bottom of the list, "Products are not from a gluten-free manufacturer." Has anyone else had this kind of experience with labels and reactions, and if so, how do I KNOW that a product is truly gluten-free, even from cross-contamination? I'm so tired of getting glutened when I try so hard. I believe that some of these companies think they can fool the public with the gluten-free label, but they can't fool a celiac. Sorry, I'm just a little grumpy.

I've never had an issue with their lipstick. When I wore Avon lipstick hubby would have gluten attacks, when I switched to Arbonne, he hasn't had one since.

I have also looked into Arbonne and wore their product for a long time. I had a problem with the lip stick,but I also have an allergy to nuts. I found that the lip sticks have a sort of nut oil in them that gave me problems. I wonder though...it could also be from the gluten. I have a friend that actually sells Arbonne. She called the company and they told her that they are gluten-free. I couldn't see how if they list "tocopopyl acetate" as an ingredient. That is a known gluten agent. I have since learned that this ingredient can be made out of soy. This is actually why I joined this forum to begin with. I am wondering about their products as well. They say that they are gluten-free...but I am not sure that I totally buy it. I have also read that skin care and cosmetics are not regulated like food where there is a law in place that food HAS to be tested to make sure that they are gluten-free. IDK...can anyone help me unravel this massive puzzle in my head about this subject too?? I appreciate your time and attention. :D