jshelton999

My Big Comeback Of 2009

Rate this topic

Over the last 15yrs, I've made countless comebacks...from hypothyroidism...pituitary failure...sleep apnea...asthma/allergies...

I started 2009 with a great deal of optimism. My pituitary disorder had been miraculously been reversed and I had finally withdrawn from the main steroid medication (Cortef) used to treat it...but then all hell broke loose and I was on the couch sicker than I had been in years... Apparently, the steroid medication which is an immune-suppressant muted the underlying gluten disorder although I still had frequent bouts of what was explained as stomach flu or adrenal fatigue.

After months of being told it might just be all in my head, I finally put the pieces together and a stool test from Enterolab confirmed that I indeed had a serious gluten disorder...

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 2 months and just like all my comebacks before, I'm finally back on my bike...training for a hilly 50-mile ride in October...

Here's a video I made using the pocket-cam I take on the bike with me... I hope you enjoy it... :)

All Things New - Jim's big comeback

Isn't it great when we feel better. I am glad you have improved so much.

Good job seeking your own dx!

Thanks guys :)

It's so great to find this forum with people who actually know how it feels to go through so many years of misdiagnosis and often being treated as if their medical condition was a character flaw...

Hi Jim, glad to see your feeling so great ! I to started sleep apnea therapy in Jan, that helped a lot of my problems but I still had a skin problem that I was dealing with for over 30 years , went to doctors for 25 years , told take these antibiotics, don't scratch , all in my head , ect ! on sleep apnea.org some one mentioned celiac and the different symptoms which lead me here with all these helpful people, started GFD end of march and 95% of my DH problems have resolved. I'm 61 years old and I'm so thankful to finally get some answers. after 8 months of research I found www.dogtorj.com (net ?) a member of this forum , who explains in detail what's going on with food intolerances, he also says that god made us perfect and that our problems are caused by what we knowingly and unknowingly do to ourselves. take care , Dan

congrats on beginning the training for the ride :D