Truleesmom

Log Cabin Syup Now Gluten Free!

Rate this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with Pinnacle Foods Group -- the company that makes Log Cabin and all Log Cabin syrups are now gluten free! I called because I wanted to check on their Country Kitchen brand, which I have been searching for since going gluten free a year ago and finally found it. They told me that ALL Log Cabin syrups including Country Kitchen are now gluten free. Here is their phone number if anyone wants it 973-541-6620. So now I'm taking back the Country Kitchen and getting the regular Log Cabin! :wub: Woohoo!!!

Thanks for the info. Pure maple syrup is also gluten-free and since I avoid HFCS is the way I go.

yay! i just got the country kitchen butter flavor because my husband said he wanted some. im trying it too! :D

i tried to pure maple syrup but i like my pancakes soaked and i had to use a lot of the pure kind.. waaaay too sweet haha :lol:

What gluten ingredient was in it before?

best regards, lm

What gluten ingredient was in it before?

best regards, lm

If it was anything, it was barley (I know I never saw wheat listed) . . . it might have been just a manufacturing/cc/shared-line type issue that the manufacturer was well aware of and didn't want to cause issues for anyone. I know that the Log Cabin Country Kitchen was always OK . . . but it wasn't always the easiet to find.

I love pure maple syrup . . . but just can't get the kids to go for it.

When I first contacted Log Cabin a couple of weeks ago I was told that their syrups were gluten free.

But then I sent another email asking more specific questions about ingredients being derived from barely, wheat, etc. and received a more thorough answer.

I was told that all the Log Cabin syrups were gluten free EXCEPT the sugar free syrup. I believe the ingredient was barley.

When I first contacted Log Cabin a couple of weeks ago I was told that their syrups were gluten free.

But then I sent another email asking more specific questions about ingredients being derived from barely, wheat, etc. and received a more thorough answer.

I was told that all the Log Cabin syrups were gluten free EXCEPT the sugar free syrup. I believe the ingredient was barley.

Thanks for catching that Carrotcake! I missed that one.

Ironically my kids LOVE the pure maple -- it's just so expensive and they go through it like wildfire -- I get a huge one at Costco! I grew up on Log Cabin -- so I have missed it tremendously!!! The maple is hard to get used to once you're hooked on that corn syrup junk! :P Have to check on Mrs. Butterworths next! It is also made by Pinnacle. It's my second favorite after Log Cabin.

The ingredient before they went gluten-free was barley.

This isn't about Log Cabin, but I do have a few kinds of syrup (besides real maple syrup) here.

One, Great Value (walmart) natural & artificial Butter flavored pancake & waffle syrup. Personally, I don't like it, and don't eat it. I only have it because my son doesn't like mine, he likes butter flavored, and said he didn't like Mrs. Buttersworth. Anyways, it doesn't list any wheat ingredients (although it does have caramel coloring, which some people seem to be worried about). It does say: Allergy warning - manufactured in a facility that processes milk, wheat, soybeans.

My longtime favorite syrup is Griffin's Original Syrup (not Griffin's pancake & waffle syrup). It's the only syrup that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup (talking about regular syrups, not health food store brands or real maple syrup). I've never liked HFCS, not for any health reasons, but because it gives a "flat" taste to products when used instead of good old fashioned sugar. All the reasons for using HFCS are for the benefits of the manufacturers, processers, corn growers, lobbyists, and politicians. There are no benefits for us, the consumers, in either taste or costs (we could get cheap sugar without high tarriffs or the Cuban embargo). Funny how politics and agriculture have always been symbiotic. Don't get me started.

I've never been able to get used to real maple syrup. I like the taste, but it's just too darn thin. If they would thicken it up some, it'd be perfect.

Lately though, I've started to really like the agave nectar. I even prefer it over my Griffins Original syrup. It isn't cheap though. I'm using Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Blue Agave nectar. It's dark, but mild tasting. Very good IMO.

best regards, lm

I've never been able to get used to real maple syrup. I like the taste, but it's just too darn thin. If they would thicken it up some, it'd be perfect.

Lately though, I've started to really like the agave nectar. I even prefer it over my Griffins Original syrup. It isn't cheap though. I'm using Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Blue Agave nectar. It's dark, but mild tasting. Very good IMO.

best regards, lm

I don't care for maple syrup much, the real stuff or the fake stuff. It's all a bit sweet for me... I like the Agave Nectar, though, for pancakes.

I bought a Maple/Agave Syrup blend at Trader Joe's. I'm sure you could try your own mixture to thicken up the pure maple syrup, or just buy it if you have one near you. My son LOVES it!!

......I bought a Maple/Agave Syrup blend at Trader Joe's. I'm sure you could try your own mixture to thicken up the pure maple syrup, or just buy it if you have one near you. My son LOVES it!!

Wow, I didn't know there was such a thing. We don't have Trader Joes here in Texas. I have made my own mix like that and it was really good.

Another good thing about agave nectar, it dissolves very well even in cold milk or margaritas. No more gritty sugar on the bottom of your cerial bowl.

best regrads, lm