smileycoop

Shampoo & Conditioner

Rate this topic

I read something from before (not sure of the date) on this website when I was searching information about Gluten. I came across something that suggested someone lost some hair due to Gluten (wheat) in their hair products. I started to put two and two together and I wonder if the reason I'm losing hair is because of gluten in my hair product.

Are there any brands at WalMart, CVS, Walgreens, Target (etc) that do not contain Gluten that you know of?

Do you know what ingredient to look out for on the back of shampoo bottles and other similar products? I don't know the technical ingredient name they use.

Suave, Garneir and Dove will label gluten ingredients clearly. Giovanni will also, they are an organic brand that I get either at Wegmans or at my local health food store. Unfortunately they have soy in theirs which I also have to avoid as I have an allergy to soy as well as an intolerance. Until the allergy symptoms started their smooth as silk was my fav. I now use the Garneir for both shampoos, conditioners and haircolor.