Rate this topic

I just saw the Rice Dream ad here on the forum (it's advertising a recipe for Rice Dream cupcakes) -- so I thought I'd look into Rice Dream again thinking that since they're advertising here on this site, that maybe they're actually TRULY gluten free now. Doesn't appear that way! Very aggravating that they're advertising here!!! I wonder if we could talk to the site moderators/web masters and get Rice Dream ads excluded! I'm sure there are a lot of people that see those ads and since they're listed here on this site -- they assume that they are safe products. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I don't trust ANY of the Hain products all due to this trickiness with the Rice Dream. They also make WestSoy, Soy Dream, and Imagine -- so I wouldn't drink any of the rice milks under those names either - like the WestSoy rice beverage! In the past I've spoken with a rep from Rice Dream and he actually got an attitude with me about the "minute particles" of gluten that is in their products!!! BOYCOTT!!!

I just saw the Rice Dream ad here on the forum (it's advertising a recipe for Rice Dream cupcakes) -- so I thought I'd look into Rice Dream again thinking that since they're advertising here on this site, that maybe they're actually TRULY gluten free now. Doesn't appear that way! Very aggravating that they're advertising here!!! I wonder if we could talk to the site moderators/web masters and get Rice Dream ads excluded! I'm sure there are a lot of people that see those ads and since they're listed here on this site -- they assume that they are safe products. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I don't trust ANY of the Hain products all due to this trickiness with the Rice Dream. They also make WestSoy, Soy Dream, and Imagine -- so I wouldn't drink any of the rice milks under those names either - like the WestSoy rice beverage! In the past I've spoken with a rep from Rice Dream and he actually got an attitude with me about the "minute particles" of gluten that is in their products!!! BOYCOTT!!!

What upset me the most about Rice Dream, is that before the label change to gluten free, they at least stated on the box that it contained .002% of barley malt. Once they labeled the box gluten free, the barley malt ingredient was gone, leading me to believe it was excluded from the formula now, hence the new gluten free label. But after a phone call, I was told the formula is the same, just labeled differently. That seemed deceptive to me. Now to add to the list of things I have to do to make sure what my family eats is safe, I actually have to call the companies of products that are already labeled gluten free! Very frustrating. If they want to leave the barley malt in, fine, just give me the information to make an informed decision about what I'm putting into my body!

This is one reason I'm very skeptical of mainstream companies jumping on the "gluten free" bandwagon....we have had reactions to all types of Chex, and b/c of this, I won't be buying the Betty Crocker mix either. I'm happy for others who are enjoying the products w/out problems, but it's just not for us.

Yanno if it was minute or trace amounts of peanuts or tree nuts and people were dropping dead, they'd be quick to adjust their labels ::fume::

I'm all for the gov't staying out of private enterprise and all - but IMHO food labels should be tightly controlled and labels should contain ALL information.