GlutenGalAZ

No Nightshades...

Rate this topic

Hi.

I know I have a problem with tomatoes. Potatos make me really bloated and sometimes not feeling well.

I already cannot use Tapioca Flour and Arrowroot so my only two starches left are Corn and Potato Starch. Do you think it is bad if I keep using both of these? Main concern is the Potato Starch.

My husband and I are trying to be Nightshade Free for different reasons but I was cooking the other day and added Corn and Potato Starch to the rolls I was making then was oh no .... Potato Starch.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What do you do??

OH.... Then the shredded cheese we got last night I saw in the ingredients Potato Flour (or starch can't remember) Don't know what to do. I seem to only really show a reaction to eating Potatos maybe the Starch is okay or just not really as obvious?

Hi.

I know I have a problem with tomatoes. Potatos make me really bloated and sometimes not feeling well.

I already cannot use Tapioca Flour and Arrowroot so my only two starches left are Corn and Potato Starch. Do you think it is bad if I keep using both of these? Main concern is the Potato Starch.

My husband and I are trying to be Nightshade Free for different reasons but I was cooking the other day and added Corn and Potato Starch to the rolls I was making then was oh no .... Potato Starch.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What do you do??

OH.... Then the shredded cheese we got last night I saw in the ingredients Potato Flour (or starch can't remember) Don't know what to do. I seem to only really show a reaction to eating Potatos maybe the Starch is okay or just not really as obvious?

Lots of stuff in this thread from '05: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/lofivers...php/t10154.html

Sorry I have no further insight; mercifully, this isn't one of the problems I have.

Gah!!! Potato starch :angry: I don't do nightshades, and just find out about two weeks ago that it was the potato starch that was causing me to itch for the last 20 months (after the psoriasis quit itching four months ago). I hadn't even thought about it.....dunno why. Sure makes life difficult when you don't do corn or soy either. Luckily I love buckwheat and sorghum, and am about to try Teff though we don't get it down under. Of course we don't get sorghum yet, either, but they're working on it. I take it back with me (on international you still get a decent weight allowance). But anyway, no more potato starch for me. A big uopened bag of Pamela's baking mix, anyone??? :lol:

I am both corn and potato free, mostly. This is strange, I can eat potato chips., only one brand now though, UTZ's. A nutritionist told me the process they use for making potato chips may be removing the part of a potato that bothers me. I can't use potato flour, yet potato starch in cheese didn't seem to bother me. I can't have corn, but a little cornstarch in a product didn't bother me.

Now, I can't have dairy anymore, so, I really do not get potato starch in anything, since I can't have cheese. :(