elle's mom

Hershey's Syrup

Rate this topic

I have called hershey's regarding their chocolate syrup and gotten what I consider an inconclusive answer.....no ingredients, but no guarantee either basically.

What I'm wondering is does anyone, from experience, have an opinion.

We tried in 4yo dd's milk this am and she is severely devilish, according to my hubby, who is home with her today. This following two "very good" days of babysitter reports. She has recurrent mood issues. We've recently eliminated all red food dye's and it has seemed to make a difference up until today.

It's gluten-free.

richard

Here's the ingredients off my container:

high fructose corn syrup; corn syrup, water, cocoa; sugar; contains 2% or less of: potassium sorbate (preservative); salt; mon-diglycerides; xanthan gum; polysorbate 60; vaniliin, artificial flavor.

Didn't see any dyes either. Could there be another reason?

I wasn't really concerned about dye being in the syrup, but rather gluten possibly in the "artificial flavor". I didn't mean to confuse the issue by mentioning dye; I was just making the point that she is recurrently moody, and I thought I had it nailed eliminating the dye-until today when she consumed the syrup (among other things, but this was the only thing new to her), which I knew didn't have dye-so I wondered if ther was a possible glutening effect from the artificial flavor had caused it. There very well could be something else that caused her devilish behavior----maybe the "Dad day"! haha

Perhaps the high fructose corn syrup could be a factor? Just a guess. It wouldn't have gluten but it is a pretty heavy 'sugar'