Claire112

How Many Days Did Your Ttg Ab Blood Test Result Take?

Rate this topic

I'm going out of my mind waiting, I had blood drawn for the tTg Ab (Tissue transglutaminase antibody) test 4 days ago. Major hospital in a large city. Their lab website says "1-3 days" for results, and they do send it out. I called today but they are still "pending".

If you had the tTG blood test, how long did your results take to come back? Do you think that the fact that it's taking longer indicates a probable negative result? I know, it's all speculation but I need something! Thanks.

I'm going out of my mind waiting, I had blood drawn for the tTg Ab (Tissue transglutaminase antibody) test 4 days ago. Major hospital in a large city. Their lab website says "1-3 days" for results, and they do send it out. I called today but they are still "pending".

If you had the tTG blood test, how long did your results take to come back? Do you think that the fact that it's taking longer indicates a probable negative result? I know, it's all speculation but I need something! Thanks.

1-3 days?? really?? That may be for the stuff they do in-house. We've always been 10 days or so and it's always been sent out and then the results have to go to the doctor's office first.

It totally depends on the lab they send it to. If they send it to ARUP it's pretty fast (about one week). Other labs vary. My tTG was ran at Quest Diagnostics and it took nearly one month to get my results.

My tTG was ran at Quest Diagnostics and it took nearly one month to get my results.

:o A month??? Yikes! I was waiting to go gluten-free in case I needed a biopsy but I don't know if I can go another month. Thanks for the fast reply, I wish my doctor's office was as fast.

My tTG was run at Quest Diagnostics and it only took a couple of days.

My tTG was run at Quest Diagnostics and it only took a couple of days.

My sample was collected at a small doctor office. Maybe my sample sat in a refrigerator for a week or more. It may also depend when your sample arrives...they may only do certain tests on certain days. Maybe I was just unlucky. ;)