elle's mom

Vitamin Deficiency Mimicing "morning"(ie All Day) Sickness

Rate this topic

OK-so I'm already a mom of 4; just started gluten-free 2 months ago, as it improved my 3 month old's health whom I am nursing.......I've had this "feeling" the last few days that starting to remind me of something else I've experienced with each of my pregnancies. Can someone please inform me of some type of vitamin deficiency with these symptoms............PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

Not that I would mind it, OTHER than the sick feeling for endless months.

OK-so I'm already a mom of 4; just started gluten-free 2 months ago, as it improved my 3 month old's health whom I am nursing.......I've had this "feeling" the last few days that starting to remind me of something else I've experienced with each of my pregnancies. Can someone please inform me of some type of vitamin deficiency with these symptoms............PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

Not that I would mind it, OTHER than the sick feeling for endless months.

Well, there's niacin: http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec01/ch004/ch00...usea&alt=sh Doesn't sound much like morning sickness, but there's nausea involved. I think you'd notice the other symptoms of pellagra, though.

I always felt nauseous in the morning until I realized I was hypoglycemic, and needed to balance my meals fairly strictly, and not go hours and hours without eating. Morning is tough, because you've gone all night eating, so you're tempted to eat - say - a bowl of cereal. But that's usually high in carbs, low in protein/fat/fiber, and sets you up for roller coaster blood sugar levels all day.

Well, I read the link the niacin deficiency and I definately don't think it's that.......

Hypoglycemic is definately possible; I have been snacking more often the last few days and it seems to have helped.

I actually didn't wake up feeling bad the last 2 mornings so I think I'm in the clear. OH!-that and I took a test, which was negative. :wub: Thanks for the ideas though.