JBaby

Will Dental Products At Office Harm Me?

Rate this topic

Teeth need pulled. Concern about gluten in the products but the level of pain i have i am not sure i should give a care. He gave me antibiotic tonight (gluten free) i checked. I got glutened somewhere. Either dentist with the cleaning and swallowed some, I did, bad gag reflex. or the gluten free dinner at olive garden i had once before with no issues wasnt gluten free tonight. Anyway, I will have to have novacaine on both sides. In the future i will ahve to see oral surgeon for surgical extraction of impacted teeth. I need 4-5 fillings also soon also.

After I was diagnosed I had an upcoming dentist appointment. I called ahead and told them my situation. They could not tell me then if their cleaning products etc were gluten free, but that they would check. It took a few days and they called me back and told me everything was alright. I have not had any problems at my two cleaning appointments or when I got my filling. The injectable numbing medication should not be an issue.

To my knowledge there aren't any dental products that contain gluten so you shouldn't have any issues. My guess is your glutening came from the Olive Garden. I've had a lot of work and fun surgeries and never been glutened (feeling crummy from swallowing stuff is another story). If you call ahead most dentists will check the products for you - many of them are labeled gluten-free so they won't even have to call the manf.