SunnyJB

Rumbling, Grumbling, Gurgling Madness!

Rate this topic

Does it stop with the gluten free diet? I haven't started the diet yet, because I have read enough to know that I should wait until AFTER the horrid intestinal biopsy is done.

One of the most annoying things (and embarassing!!) is HOW LOUD my tum tum is. My customers comment on it at least once a day. <_<

People are always telling me to eat something, offering me food *of course its not going to help, 98% of the time its pizza or donuts or something else loaded with the evile gluten*

I am constantly digesting or hungering... sigh

Does it stop with the gluten free diet? I haven't started the diet yet, because I have read enough to know that I should wait until AFTER the horrid intestinal biopsy is done.

One of the most annoying things (and embarassing!!) is HOW LOUD my tum tum is. My customers comment on it at least once a day. <_<

People are always telling me to eat something, offering me food *of course its not going to help, 98% of the time its pizza or donuts or something else loaded with the evile gluten*

I am constantly digesting or hungering... sigh

My gurgling didn't stop until I quit fruit and fruit juice and started eating fairly gigantic quantities of vegetables, almost two years after going gluten free. I think that both moves contributed to quelling the gurgling, but I appear to suffer from fructose malabsorption, which you may not. Why not try both, but one at a time, and see if either help? It'll be something to take your mind off still having to eat gluten anyway.:)

(Short answer to your question: not necessarily.)

My loud stomach was gone within the first couple of weeks. It started for me in childhood and was so loud I would carry a sweater or jacket to ball up on my tummy if I had to be somewhere quiet like a theather or a school class. The only time it growls now is if I injest gluten or large amounts of dairy. The same goes for gas, with the exception of if I have been drinking a lot of carbonated beverages. Even beans don't get me.

Yes, mine did stop after I stopped eating gluten :-D

Yes, for the most part it stopped once the evil gluten was omitted. I understand the angst over it!

lisa