sillyken

Possibly Allergic To Gluten Free Grains

Rate this topic

Hi,

:( I have been having movement spasms now for quite some time. I was beginning to accept that they are part of my life now. Last night I made some bread in my bread machine with this new tapioca starch Spandex. Today I am more jumpy than usual. Is it possible that I could be allergic to a gluten free flour as well?

Sillyken

A lot of us are sensitive to other grains as well. I suggest you look into going off all grains for a while and see if that helps. There is a thread here about the specific carbohydrate diet which might help you out.

Bea

In a word, yes.

For the same reason you could be allergic to, say, milk and peanuts, you could be allergic to gluten and tapioca.

I have huge problems with millet - if I eat it, it feels like I swallowed a tasmanian devil and it's trying to chew its way out.

Yep you sure could be. I'd try a test. Go grain free (easier then it sounds) for a while (at least 10 days) and then pile on the grains for about a week and see if you notice a difference. Whenever I do a test I make sure that when I am bringing the food back i eat A LOT of it otherwise im left in this ehhh not really sure area. Good luck.