Rate this topic

I've been breaking out with a mild DH over the past 2 weeks and the only thing I can think of thats different is the atenolol beta blocker they have me taking for atrial fibrillation. Been searching online and sent email to kaiser but no reply yet.

thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have no experience with DH whatsoever, but could it possibly be an allergic reaction to the med? I ask because a couple years ago, my insurance company pharmacy sent me the generic for the Norvasc I had been taking (it had just gone generic). After a day or two on the generic, I broke out in an itchy rash all over that persisted until I figured out it was the med and stopped it (with Dr's approval).

Could also be that the med has gluten in it, but in the event it doesn't, I thought I'd mention it.

Anywoo, I hope you figure this out soon :)

HArd time sending a reply for some reason -- this is the 3rd attempt.. Hit add reply and it vanishes.

Anyway, I suppose it cold be some sort of reaction to the beta blocker but the signs are the same as if I had a gluten accident.

Kaiser is looking into it though. I suppose something else could have had a change in formula -- better go over the vitamins again

thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have no experience with DH whatsoever, but could it possibly be an allergic reaction to the med? I ask because a couple years ago, my insurance company pharmacy sent me the generic for the Norvasc I had been taking (it had just gone generic). After a day or two on the generic, I broke out in an itchy rash all over that persisted until I figured out it was the med and stopped it (with Dr's approval).

Could also be that the med has gluten in it, but in the event it doesn't, I thought I'd mention it.

Anywoo, I hope you figure this out soon :)