cadesmom

Dq2- And Dq8+ I Am Confused?

Rate this topic

IT HAS BEENAWHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON,MY SONS GENE TESTING RESULTS CAME IN AND HIS DQ2 WAS NEG AND HIS DQ8 WAS +,THE NURSE FROM MT GI DOC TOLD ME HIS GI DOC WANTS HIM TO SEE AN ALLERGIST WHICH I HAD ALREADY SET UP FOR THIS MON. MY REASON FOR IT IS THAT HE HAS BEEN GLUTEN FREE WHEAT FREE FOR 2 MONTHS NOW AND STILL HAS HIS STOMACH PAINS SO I THINK IT IS DAIRY ,I AM BURNT OUT TRYING TO FIQURE ALL THIS OUT MY GI DOC TOLDTHE NURSE THAT 95% OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONE ANTIGEON POS AND ONE NEG FROM THE GENE TEST WILL DEVELOP CELIACS AT SOME POINT.SO IF IT IS GENETIC HOW DOES HE AT SOME POINT DEVELOP INTO IT?DOES HE HAVE IT OR NOT? ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO SO,WE GO BACK IN ONE MONTH AND FOR ACURATE FURTHER TESTING I WAS TOLD BY HER TO GIVE HIM GLUTEN AND WHEAT OMG.THANKS CADESMOM

IT HAS BEENAWHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON,MY SONS GENE TESTING RESULTS CAME IN AND HIS DQ2 WAS NEG AND HIS DQ8 WAS +,THE NURSE FROM MT GI DOC TOLD ME HIS GI DOC WANTS HIM TO SEE AN ALLERGIST WHICH I HAD ALREADY SET UP FOR THIS MON. MY REASON FOR IT IS THAT HE HAS BEEN GLUTEN FREE WHEAT FREE FOR 2 MONTHS NOW AND STILL HAS HIS STOMACH PAINS SO I THINK IT IS DAIRY ,I AM BURNT OUT TRYING TO FIQURE ALL THIS OUT MY GI DOC TOLDTHE NURSE THAT 95% OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONE ANTIGEON POS AND ONE NEG FROM THE GENE TEST WILL DEVELOP CELIACS AT SOME POINT.SO IF IT IS GENETIC HOW DOES HE AT SOME POINT DEVELOP INTO IT?DOES HE HAVE IT OR NOT? ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO SO,WE GO BACK IN ONE MONTH AND FOR ACURATE FURTHER TESTING I WAS TOLD BY HER TO GIVE HIM GLUTEN AND WHEAT OMG.THANKS CADESMOM

Celiac disease is genetic - you have to have the right genes - but genetic disorders often require an environmental trigger, and celiac disease is no exception. It seems pretty clear that you don't know right now if he has celiac disase, but the genetic tests tell you he has the potential to have it (now, or in the future).

As for further testing, he MUST be eating PLENTY of gluten (a couple slices of bread a day, or the equivalent) in order for the tests to have a chance to be "honest".

Hi

I am in the same boat with the genetic testing.... UGH. Blood work is negative also and she is now 3 yrs old. She did have a biopcie at 2 and it showed early warning signs of Celiac's Disease. So we still do not know. But she had allergy test of top 100 and she has no allergies... I hate this. Today she keeps telling me her tummy hurts and has went potty several times....

I will follow this post so we shall see what others have to say and I am going to post one myself...

Bonnie