Truleesmom

Zojirushi And Betterbatter?

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any program settings using a Zojirushi BBXX20 and using BetterBatter flour mix? I'm just looking for settings for a regular sandwich bread. I've been in contact with them via email -- but they haven't been the most helpful, which surprised me because I read so many positive things about them here. Under the recipes on their website, there were comments from several people that were trying the BetterBatter flour in their bread machine and they weren't having much luck. I can't afford to experiment at $22/5lbs -- so I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks!!!

I ordered a box of the better batter and to tell you the truth, I was not impressed and will not be ordering it again. I have also tried the Jule's nearly normal, the Tom Sawyer and the Domata flours.

Of all of the flours I hands down prefer the domata for texture, reliability and moisture management.

I use the flours to make cakes, do rolls and batter shrimp and chicken.

I have not tried to make bread with it. I do like it for everything else BUT pancakes. Everytime I used it they were inedible. I have wasted so much on pancakes. Now I buy Bobs Red Mill pancake mix and they are great. I think I'm going to try Domata next so I have another flour to compare. I have used Tom Sawyer and like the Better Batter better for everything vs the Tom Sawyer. However the Tom Sawyer made a great pancake. Go figure??