heatherjane

Need Chocolate Chips

Rate this topic

I need a couple of bags for some gluten free Chex "puppy chow" I'm making for an event this Saturday, but I can't verify which regular brands are safe. I know the Enjoy Life ones are, but they're over five bucks for a 10oz bag. I've read that Nestle and Hershey have been good about listing gluten ingredients on their labels. Does anyone know if that's still true? All the info I've found on the web so far is from a couple of years ago, or it's from overseas.

Thanks!

Nestle is very good about declaring gluten as well as noting on the label if the product was made on the same equipment as products with gluten.

Hershey's has been less than forthcoming lately as to their sources of natural flavors.

Nestle is very good about declaring gluten as well as noting on the label if the product was made on the same equipment as products with gluten.

Hershey's has been less than forthcoming lately as to their sources of natural flavors.

Is Toll House NOT gluten free?

Is Toll House NOT gluten free?

With Nestle, all you need to do is read the label--if gluten is not listed, it's not there. Last I knew, the semi sweet chocolate chips were fine.

With Nestle, all you need to do is read the label--if gluten is not listed, it's not there. Last I knew, the semi sweet chocolate chips were fine.

Thanks, Patti!

Heather

If you can find Guittard brand chocolate chips where you are, they are gluten-free. They don't say so on the label but it's in their FAQ on their website (ALL of their products are gluten-free). And they're yummy.

They're not an expensive specialty brand, but they're not in all stores, either. Interestingly, I usually find them in "discount" stores (for those around here, I buy them at Bi-Mart and WinCo). But they're not a bargain-basement chocolate chip, either... cost about the same as Nestle, but taste better (IMO).

-Elizabeth

If you can find Guittard brand chocolate chips where you are, they are gluten-free. They don't say so on the label but it's in their FAQ on their website (ALL of their products are gluten-free). And they're yummy.

They're not an expensive specialty brand, but they're not in all stores, either. Interestingly, I usually find them in "discount" stores (for those around here, I buy them at Bi-Mart and WinCo). But they're not a bargain-basement chocolate chip, either... cost about the same as Nestle, but taste better (IMO).

-Elizabeth

Thank you! I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

I remembered after my original post that Meijer has an allergen list that discloses gluten for all their store-brand products....so I got 'em from there. :)