KMLII

Newly Diagnosed Three Year Old

Rate this topic

It has taken us two and one half years to get my son a diagnosis. He was diagnosed with celiac disease3 weeks ago today and he just turned three this week. Please help. He is in so much pain and he is also lactose intolerant. I am sticking to the diet. How long before he feels better.

It has taken us two and one half years to get my son a diagnosis. He was diagnosed with celiac disease3 weeks ago today and he just turned three this week. Please help. He is in so much pain and he is also lactose intolerant. I am sticking to the diet. How long before he feels better.

I have heard that it varies for everyone, but that generally children "recover" faster than adults. My daughters who are 9 started on our gluten-free diet 9 weeks ago and they felt so much better fairly quickly, certainly within two weeks. They had many digestive issues and they went away fast. Their joint and muscle aches (so called "growing pains") took a little longer to go away. Their back rashes also went away in about a month. Hang in there; he will feel better soon! :)