ryebaby0

Homewood Suites In Albany

Rate this topic

We are staying tonight at Homewood Suites outside Albany NY; a Hilton property. I made the reservation online and in the comment box asked if their famed breakfast buffet ever included gluten-free items (we once stayed at a hotel that did, so now I ask) . This morning, the kitchen manager called and asked did my celiacs have any preference as to flavor of pastry or donuts, they were making a trip to the local health food store to pick up some gluten free items for us! How cool is that! I will let you all know how it goes...

That's GREAT and encouraging! Just goes to show you, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Well, that was wonderful! We went down to breakfast and I asked at the desk, who sent me to the manager (turned out he helps with the breakfast every day). They had plated and covered a set of blueberry muffins and cinnamon scones (which were HUGE), offered a take-out box for what wasn't eaten. It was great -- I only wished they had saved the wrapper so I could assure my son they were really gluten-free! They went out the night before to a gluten-free bakery in a nearby town off Rt. 7. Yay!! Success!!