Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamaw

Gluten Free Graham Crackers And Donuts

does anyone have a good receipe that actually tastes like a real graham cracker out here in glutenfree land?????Or some place to buy a real tasting graham cracker???

nothing to do with graham crackers but another junk food (comfort)also is a real glazed donut.......any sugestions on that one also. most of the gluten-free ones are more like a cake donut...

thanks , I,m planning a trip for 2 months to alaska and would like to take some goodies with me, as I've heard there are not many places to buy gluten free....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Mamaw, I've not tried donuts but have made graham crackers from Carol Fenster's book. I've tried many flours and flour blends and find the sorghum blend comes closest to the real thing.

I was tired of watching the grandkids eat s'mores and wanted to join in the fun. These were also good as a snack with peanut butter. They kept for 3 or 4 weeks, beyond that, I would freeze them. You might try vacuum sealing them in a container for a longer shelf life.

The Kinnikinnick donuts are very dense and cakelike donuts (but have a good taste).

I agree with Richard about the kind of fluffy, light glazed donut that you want, they don't exist! Maybe one of us should come up with a recipe. We could make a small fortune selling them to all the Celiacs/gluten sensitive people out there! :D

God bless,

Mariann

Health Valley Rice Bran crackers are gluten-free and taste like real graham crackers! In my store they are with the regular crackers with all the other Health Valley (non gluten-free) products.

Good Luck,

Pam