Jestgar

Where To Go In Hawai'i?

Rate this topic

Hidey Ho fellow travelers.

I'm expecting to be in Hawai'i at the end of October. Will be on Oahu for about a week, with only a couple days of that for personal time, and I'm planning to take an extra 5 days or so for fun. Where should I go?

All suggestions welcome! :D

Much depends on what you want to do.. Lyon Arboretum, Foster Gardens, Or Frankies Nursery. If you want to try very strange fruit, got to Frankies in Waimanalo.

Places to eat if you let them know about gluten-free needs ahead of time, Chef Mavro's, 12th Ave. Grill, Town,

If you decide to come to the Big Island, I'll show you around Kona.

I will be on Oahu some Sat. at the end of Oct. when I get back from INdia. Will be working on an avocado branding test at The KCC farmers market .

Ken

Hidey Ho fellow travelers.

I'm expecting to be in Hawai'i at the end of October. Will be on Oahu for about a week, with only a couple days of that for personal time, and I'm planning to take an extra 5 days or so for fun. Where should I go?

All suggestions welcome! :D

I am strongly leaning towards the Big Island as I'd like to go to Volcanoes. When traveling I prefer to go and see things that are unique to an area. The Farmer's Market is a great suggestion, as is the arboretum.

Pearl Harbor is on the list to connect with history. Maybe the hike up Diamond Head.

I'm less interested in looking through shops or lying on the beach....

Other than having to tke a picture for AP once I dont think Ive ever been on the beach there. ALmost more of a mountain person.

Volcano hikes are amazing as long as you dont have asthma or other lung troubles. So is the top of Mauna Kea and the telescopes.

My son used to be Pearl -- its worth seeing the history -- North Shore and Sunset beach with the surfers and big waves too.

Still best over here though!

Ken

I am strongly leaning towards the Big Island as I'd like to go to Volcanoes. When traveling I prefer to go and see things that are unique to an area. The Farmer's Market is a great suggestion, as is the arboretum.

Pearl Harbor is on the list to connect with history. Maybe the hike up Diamond Head.

I'm less interested in looking through shops or lying on the beach....

We visited in 1989 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hike up Diamond Head is worth it. Things may have changed in twenty years, but we needed to take a flashlight to see in the tunnels. The history at Pearl Harbor is fascinating. Be sure to go out to the Arizona Memorial. I'll think of other things in time.

20 years is a long time -- its about time you come back too!

We visited in 1989 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hike up Diamond Head is worth it. Things may have changed in twenty years, but we needed to take a flashlight to see in the tunnels. The history at Pearl Harbor is fascinating. Be sure to go out to the Arizona Memorial. I'll think of other things in time.