Rate this topic

We are trying to find a good honey to eat, all honey is good for you but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for more organic honey or anything.

Somewhere local is always good.

At our local health food store we buy "Raw" honey. It is un processed and not messed with basically, its supposed to be the healthiest form.

Depending on the jar size, the price is usually about $6-10 dollars, for a good sized jar. They also sell the raw honey with the comb still in it, we havent used it but it looks cool:)

Good luck!

I was always quite fond of orange blossom honey.

Thanks everyone! I have always wanted to try the honey with the comb still in it...I think you eat it or something....maybe? lol

We always bought local honey as it was reccomended for improvement of allergies. The theory is that the local bees use pollens you might be allergic to so this would help you resist the problem. When you can chew the honeycomb, the antihistamine affect is even stronger. You chew the comb and as the honey is used the waxy part hardens. You can take more honey into your mouth and it will soften again until all the honey is used. It gave my husband some relief plus the honey is just good!

Manuka 'active +' honey is fantastic, its really really good for your immune system. I find that it helps a lot with cold & flu symptoms and also tastes great! (although it can be expensive)