jello5

Taco Seasonings

Rate this topic

Does anyone have a "recipe" for a taco seasoning? Or even knowof a specific brand that has one that is gluten-free/CF and soy free?

I was looking for one too! There's one on this website: http://www.celiac.com/articles/396/1/Taco-...Free/Page1.html

I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how it tastes. You can google "gluten free taco seasoning" and you'll get lots of hits :)

Bon apetit,

Jillian

Does anyone have a "recipe" for a taco seasoning? Or even knowof a specific brand that has one that is gluten-free/CF and soy free?

Thank you so much! I will keep you posted when I try it out :)

I use a recipe I found online for the meat used in taco salads. It was about a pound of ground beef, with a small green bell pepper and small white onion finely minced, 2 Tablespoons chili powder and 2 Tablespoons of ketchup! I never would have thought to put the ketchup in there. And prior to that I had not been using nearly enough chili powder.

However, when making meat for my daughter, I just use plain ground beef with nothing added. It's the way she prefers it.

Here's a recipe I use from time to time to make taco seasoning from scratch.

* 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion

* 1 teaspoon chili powder

* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or to taste

* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

* 1 teaspoon instant garlic

* 1 teaspoon cumin

Mix it all with 1/2 cup of water & add it to a pound of browned beef & simmer for about 10 minutes.