jasonD2

Chips, Crackers, Etc

Rate this topic

Does anyone know what corn chips, potato chips & crackers are safe (i.e. no cross contam)?

I don't think it's possible to be sure any commercially prepared food is free of cross contamination. Even if gluten-free facilities, ingredients can become contaminated before they reach the facility.

That being said, all flavors of Lays Staxx are made in a dedicated facility that doesn't process any gluten-containing ingredients.

I like the Glutino brand gluten-free crackers.

Last I checked, Mission brand corn chips were made on dedicated equipment that only runs corn and no wheat, but the facility itself makes both corn and flour tortillas.

-Elizabeth

Does anyone know what corn chips, potato chips & crackers are safe (i.e. no cross contam)?

I don't know if you're close to one, but we do a lot of shopping at Trader Joe's. They are very good about marking things with a "g" when it's gluten free. We buy most of our chips (corn and potato) there, and have never had any trouble (and we are sensitive!). We also buy Mission Tortilla Chips at Costco; they are gluten free.

JoAnn

Hi! I know a LOT of Frit o lay products are gluten-free - Tostitos, Lays, etc - I have both the US and the Canadian version of their gluten free products - if anyone is interested in it, please email me at jamiensue@hotmail.com

I recently found a brand called "food should taste good." They have crackers and chips that are tested and certified gluten-free. Their stuff is pretty good.

I also make my own crackers (recipe on website) and potato chips (had to buy a deep ryer and a machine.)

Good luck!

I buy the Mission Corn Chips all the time.

Use to buy Frito Lays brand (look at their gluten list at the bottom) but they run a chance of CC unless you get the Lays Staxx ones.

Crackers I get the Glutino ones occasionally. Crunch Master is sold at Sam's club or at least most of them and is pretty good. http://www.crunchmaster.com/

Good Luck

Which stores carry the Mission chips?

have you tried Schar or Glutino gluten free crackers?

schar are my favorite but i dont hear much about them from other people.... so i dont know how widely available they are. glutino are very good to. not quite a ritz but what are you gonna do haha.

there are also nutthins and rice crackers that are good. but they arent the same kind of cracker. crunchier. i prefer the others for cheese and crackers.

Nut Thins are easier to find than some of the crackers from specific gluten-free manufacturers. They're my staple cracker for dips or tuna salad or egg salad. If you like hard and crunchy and very seedy, Mary's Gone Crackers are also widely available in regular grocery stores.