Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm still having the big "d" issues, but I am almost positive it's not gluten related, as I have very specific symptoms when I'm accidentally glutened beyond the big "d." That being said, several of you on the board have mentioned using probiotics. I'm always nervous taking any new form of medication into my body because I'm so super sensitive to anything now--I bought Kyo-Dophilus--it has l. acidophilus, b. bifidum, and b. longum in it and says it's free of gluten.

I've been gluten-free since Dec. , so I'm hoping that taking these will help with the GI problems I'm still having--did any of you have less problems after starting probiotics? Anyone using this specific one, or these specific bacteria? Anyone have any side effects from using probiotics?

Thanks for any help anyone has! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes I use that exact same brand of probiotics now...I used to use enzymatic therapy but they recommended that I switch brands every now and then so I am on those now and I really like them :D

Probiotics in general helped me feel better, I am also on enymes and vitamins so I think that the combo did great for me

Thanks, Kaiti--I'll give the probiotics a try and go from there--I've been taking a vitamin for years (now I take one that's even better and gluten-free), so if the probiotics don't help, I may try enzymes, too.

Thanks again--it's nice to know that someone is taking this exact brand!

Guest nini

I use a product by Market America called Isotonix, they have a digestive support formula with probiotics... I get this from my brother in law. If anyone is interested in buying some, please consider sending the biz. to my brother in law! (contact me for his e-mail) or look for a"product manager" near you on Market America's website.

What's really cool about this is it's in a powdered form, and you mix it with a small amt. of water and drink it. It tastes good and is gluten free! I've been using it for just a little while now, and I already notice a difference. Hardly any "D" since I've been using this product.

Hi-

I actually picked up a probiotics/acidophilius from Whole Body..it's called FloraMore by a company called Lame Advertisement. They're great and it says gluten free right on the bottle.

check out their website at www.Lame Advertisement.com

:)