noglut4me

What Blood Work?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Is there a celiac panel to see if you have celiac's and to see if the vili are flat?

I already did the scopes 7 years ago and was told to avoid gluten to see if it helps because my vili were flat.

I have no insurance and have been having some symptoms again. I would like to just get some blood work because it's cheaper.

The Celiac Panel consists of these tests:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

Make sure you continue to eat a full gluten diet right up until the test. Best of luck :)

If your villi were "flat", that's a good indication that you have Celiac--have you been avoiding gluten all this time?

I have been gluten free 7 years except for when I didnt realize a protein bar had gluten in it. I ate it for a year straight, but that has been about 5 months ago.

I am having all kinds of problems now like: upset stomach, liver inflammation, elev cholesterol, thumping heart beat after I eat, sore tailbone.

I don't have health insurance, so I was just wondering if there was a way to see what's going on after all this time that could answer some of my problems.

Well, you already know you have celiac disease with flattened villi so if your money is tight, I wouldn't test for it again. You might want to make sure you're not getting sneaky gluten like in the bar you were eating. Maybe there is still gluten hiding in something else you are eating or taking.

Or you could be sensitive to something new. What's your daily diet like?