ranger

Can Stress Cause Similar Symptoms?

Rate this topic

This morning, my blood sugar was way higher than normal, and I'm dealing with the big D. This happens when I get glutened, but I know that I haven't been. But I have been under a lot of stress the last few days. Could this be possible? It's not the first time this has happened. Happen to anyone else?

It is certainly possible that stress can lead to physical symptoms including diarrhea. It has happened to me. Peppermint tea, lemon water, or a brisk walk have been calming for me. I wish you a better day.

I read an article a couple of week ago (sorry, I have no idea where to tell you to find it now) about stress being a big factor that can definitely trigger sudden food intolerances, Celiacs, etc. I thought back the 3 yrs I've been battling all my food intolerances and recalled it WAS just after moving away from somewhere I LOVED to somewhere I haven't found love for yet. But I didn't FEEL that kind of stress at the time....it certainly wasn't our first move and won't be the last. My husband is THE breadwinner of the family and its just what we do. It made me mad to think that stress I didn't even realize I was having at the time is what triggered a 3 yr battle so far.....and I'm afraid could be a lifelong issue! So, yes, stress can do HORRIBLE things to us!! Maybe we should take up yoga??? : )