arkoflove

Please Review My Test Results

Rate this topic

Went to the Dr for bloating, alternating constipation/D issues. She ran a Celiac Panel of these tests, and here is exactly what the results look like. On the Gliadin tests is my result the number next to the word "Index"? (1.11 and 1.19) The [H] meaning "High"??

Just feeling frustrated overall. My body was doing great for 1.5 weeks, then I ate something (all certified gluten free) and its taken me 1.5 weeks to come down off it...Can the Gliadin indicate a intolerance to something else? Or should I be concerned about looking into something else? Didn't do an Endo due to Drs views on seeing a response on diet. Now thinking maybe I should, but have been gluten free for almost a month.

Thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks! -Megan

TRANSGLUT IGA <4.0 U/mL <4.0

Referecne range for Transglutaminase IgA Abs:

Negative.....<4.0 U/mL

Weak Positive......4.o-10 u/mL

Positive............>10.0 u/mL

RETICULIN IGA <1:10 Titer <1:10

ENDOMYSIAL IGA <1:10 Titer <1:10

GLIADIN IGA [H] 1.19 Index

Reference Range for Gliadin IgA: <0.91

<or= 0.90...............Negative

0.91 - 1.09..............Equivical

> or = 1.10.............Positive

GLIADIN IGG [H] 1.11 Index <0.91

<or= 0.90...............Negative

0.91 - 1.09..............Equivical

> or = 1.10.............Positive

IGA TOTAL 209.0 mg/dL 40.0-350.0

What was it that you ate that you reacted to?

What was it that you ate that you reacted to?

I ate oatmeal cookies made with gluten free baking mix and Bobs Certified gluten-free Oatmeal. That night I also that Bobs gluten-free Cornbread, and the next day Bobs gluten-free Brownie mix. I am wondering if it was the oatmeal and then the gluten-free mix were just carbs that 'sat' on top of it all? When I get glutened I get C and bloating and gas....Nothing moves for days. I also thought maybe some sort of flour in the Bobs gluten-free mixes?

Since I was so high in the Gliadins, would that make me sensitive to the protien in Oatmeal?

I ate oatmeal cookies made with gluten free baking mix and Bobs Certified gluten-free Oatmeal. That night I also that Bobs gluten-free Cornbread, and the next day Bobs gluten-free Brownie mix. I am wondering if it was the oatmeal and then the gluten-free mix were just carbs that 'sat' on top of it all? When I get glutened I get C and bloating and gas....Nothing moves for days. I also thought maybe some sort of flour in the Bobs gluten-free mixes?

Since I was so high in the Gliadins, would that make me sensitive to the protien in Oatmeal?

Not all celiacs can eat oatmeal, some of us will react. Also in gluten-free mixes and prepared foods there are often things we have not eaten a lot of before and some of us don't tolerate some of the gluten free flours. I can't do many of the BRM products because my body doesn't like sorghum and many others are out for me because they have soy. Early on in the diet it is best to go with whole unprocessed as much as you can to give your body time to heal. After you have healed try new items one at a time so if you do react to something it is easier to pinpoint what it is.

Wow, that's a lot of alternate grains. I would be all backed up if I ate that much grain. I really cannot tolerate that many grains. I haven't tried oatmeal. Some people react and I figure I'd be one of them.

Also remember that those mixes can have very small amounts of gluten even though they are labeled gluten-free. That doesn't bother some people but others who are very sensitive react to it.

You are very early in your healing. I agree with the poster that I would not eat those mixes for awhile until your system has a chance to settle down. Stick with good whole foods and give your digestion a break before reintroducing processed foods. Then keep a food diary so you know what your body likes and what it doesn't.