jshelton999

The Return To Carlsbad

Rate this topic

Hey gang!

I used to ride my bike along the San Diego coastline all the time back in the 90s. My favorite starting point was Carlsbad. Since 1996, illness has greatly interfered with making it to Carlsbad. But yesterday, it was a symbolic victory to ride my bike along the San Diego coastline for the first time this year. Looks like my big comeback from Celiac is for real... This video was made from video I took on the bike and Google Earth images. I think you'll really like it - and really relate... :D

Excellant! It's great to see someone who has taken control of their life and come back to health!

Thanks for taking the time to share your images, your story, and your victory!

Thanks for your kind replies. I have a long way to go but I'm well on my way! :D

I love riding my bike too, so from one bike-riding lover to another...congratulations!!

You are very talented with that camera and the editing. It would make a great PSA. It brought me to tears although I know it wasn't meant to. I am so happy for you that you have made such progress and are no longer limited in doing the things that you enjoy. And quite jealous of that bike ride.

You are very talented with that camera and the editing. It would make a great PSA. It brought me to tears although I know it wasn't meant to. I am so happy for you that you have made such progress and are no longer limited in doing the things that you enjoy. And quite jealous of that bike ride.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I kind of expected that some people might get a little teary-eyed...especially if they had gone through many years of being sick, without an explanation, watching life pass them by... But I'd like to think that the video also had a triumphant feeling to it as well... :)

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I kind of expected that some people might get a little teary-eyed...especially if they had gone through many years of being sick, without an explanation, watching life pass them by... But I'd like to think that the video also had a triumphant feeling to it as well... :)

It definately had a triumphant feeling to it. I have many good memories of living in California and the video brought back memories of the beauty of the area and freinds that I had not thought of in years. I do miss being there but the tears were tears of joy for you.