jmwong982

Support Group In Annapolis

Rate this topic

I thought I would let you guys know about the support group in the Annapolis area at the hospital in the Sajak Pavilion. Some of you may already be aware, but at the slight chance there is someone out there searching for some help I would mention it.

It is a wonderful group that is very supportive. It is not your typical "sit around a circle and discuss your feelings" support group. Rather, it is good mix of information and support.

It was very helpful and there was food!

I thought I would let you guys know about the support group in the Annapolis area at the hospital in the Sajak Pavilion. Some of you may already be aware, but at the slight chance there is someone out there searching for some help I would mention it.

It is a wonderful group that is very supportive. It is not your typical "sit around a circle and discuss your feelings" support group. Rather, it is good mix of information and support.

It was very helpful and there was food!

Very Interesting!.... I was working on the new building next to the Sajak Pavilion at the same time I was diagnosed (celiac disease & DH. I did a lot of electrical work on the 7th Floor (Grand Ballroom and classrooms) and even worked standby during the Building Dedication. I met a lot of important people connected with Anne Arundle Medical Center (Hospital), that includes the Sajak Pavilion. I inquired about the Annapolis CELIAC Support Group and was introduced to a person that was supposed to be in the know about different groups connected with the Hospital. I was informed that they didn't have any group connected with CELIAC, but she was certain that the Hospital would be interested in receiving a written request. Living on the NE side of Baltimore County, I didn't pursue it further (1 hour drive)... At the time I was completely exhausted from working 5 to 7 days a week...

I even spoke with the Dietitian about requests for gluten free meals from patients. She informed me that it was a very rare request and celiac disease didn't appear to be a problem around the Annapolis area...

IMO, It just seems like so many people involved with Health care lack knowledge about celiac disease..