Luv2Bake

Baking Bread

Rate this topic

My daughter has been on the gluten free diet for two years and all that time she didn't eat bread products because she had tried store-bought and they tasted terrible and the texture was awful.

I was told a couple of weeks ago I am gluten intolerant. I bought a bread maker and found some excellent recipes and she is so excited that she can eat bread again She had a piece of my first loaf and loved it.

The problem is she is gluten, lactose and soy intolerant. The bread recipe calls for yogurt. She tried coconut yogurt and it was too liquid. Does anyone know what can be used as an alternative for yogurt in bread or any other kind of baking?

My daughter has been on the gluten free diet for two years and all that time she didn't eat bread products because she had tried store-bought and they tasted terrible and the texture was awful.

I was told a couple of weeks ago I am gluten intolerant. I bought a bread maker and found some excellent recipes and she is so excited that she can eat bread again She had a piece of my first loaf and loved it.

The problem is she is gluten, lactose and soy intolerant. The bread recipe calls for yogurt. She tried coconut yogurt and it was too liquid. Does anyone know what can be used as an alternative for yogurt in bread or any other kind of baking?

Hi,

You could check out this, I haven't tried the product because I live In Ireland.

I just had in on file, because I thought that it would be useful someday.

Nogurt

Best Regards,

David

Just use water as the liquid. Add a small amount extra of apple cider vinegar if the recipe already has it. You can add nut meals (I use homemade almond meal ground in the blender) to up the protein, and/or amaranth flour. You can also add some coconut milk or olive oil.

I have had such inconsistent and exasperating reactions to yogurt, when I know I can eat cheese without a problem, that I blame the manufacturers with being inconsistent- the stuff is either contaminated or it has lactose from thickeners being added and not fermented.

I think I might be okay with this fage stuff I tried recently, but I'll never put yogurt in bread again after ruining several loaves and making myself sick with a bad quart of it I had used to cook with, marked "gluten free" of course, and it took me a while to narrow it down to that ingredient.

Have you or her tried yogurt made from almond milk or hazelnut milk. In order to make these yogurts you use a milk free yogurt starter.