Rate this topic

Does anyone know of gluten-free hand sanitizers? When I asked if Purell was I got this responce;

Thank you for contacting Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., makers of PURELL

Hi!

I know this as I've spoken with these companies but, I will tell you- I am a SUPER DUPER sensitive person when it comes to the evil gluten and I use both Purell and Germ-X LIBERALLY every day (I teach in a high school) and I do not believe it has EVER been a problem. And if there were gluten, believe me, I think I would know! That said, I am very conscientious about touching my mouth, eyes or nose with my hands and try to wash with soap and water before eating but that isn't always possible.

I really think as long as she doesn't drink it (could be another problem there; it's mostly alcohol- sorry, dark humor...), she'll be fine with either. Germ-X costs a LOT less.

lisa

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I've been using both these products for year (over 4 years in to gluten free), make most of my own food from whole foods, never eat out and have a gluten free home- I'm pretty serious about the hellish gluten...

lisa

It's a standard CYA legal statement. I would (and do) still use it.